Privacy Policy

The New Canaan Nature Center respects our visitors’ privacy interests and is committed to honoring your preferences.  This privacy policy governs the way we collect and use your information both offline and online, including at  and its subdomains, websites accessed through your mobile devices, our downloadable mobile applications and the nature center’s own social media sites (“Media”).  Your use of Media or provision of personal information to Audubon constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this policy.

The Information We Collect

We collect and use the information you provide when you interact with the New Canaan Nature offline and through New Canaan Nature Center Media.  This information falls into two categories: 1) Personal information, which includes items such as your name and address, which you provide when you become a member, make a donation, fill out a survey or participate in an activity; 2) Non-Personal Information, which includes your IP address or website browsing patterns, which we collect through technology.  For the purposes of this Privacy Policy, personal information does not include the information Audubon employees share in connection with their employment.

Personal Information

In most cases, you may use the nature center’s Media without registering or submitting any personal information.  However, some Media sites require that you supply certain personal information, such as a verifiable email address, to register or to fully use the site.

You also may choose to log in, create an account or enhance your profile through a third-party authentication service (like Facebook Connect or Twitter).  By doing this, you are asking the authentication service to send us certain information from your profile, and you are authorizing us to collect, store, and use this information.  After you’ve connected, some services, like Facebook Connect, will send us additional information from your profile, such as information that allows us to display a Facebook module on the Media pages you view.

Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, the personal information you are asked to provide may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses.  The New Canaan Nature Center does not store sensitive financial information, such as credit card numbers or banking information.


How We Use the Information We Collect


The New Canaan Nature Center may share the information you provide internally.  The New Canaan Nature Center may use the contact information you provide, such as any email addresses or physical addresses, to send you information about the New Canaan Nature Center and its mission, to send you newsletters and requests to take action, and requests for your support.

Every email and newsletter the New Canaan Nature Center sends contains an unsubscribe button.  Or you may opt-out by contacting The New Canaan Nature Center.

Cancellation and Refund Policy

Cancellations made less than 30 calendar days from the start date of the session will be charged a 25% administrative fee and the remaining 75% balance will be refunded. 

In cases regarding major illness/family emergency/or relocation, refunds will be granted on a case-by-case basis .

If you need to transfer session after original registration is processed, a fee of $25 per session transfer fee will be assessed and due prior to start of new session date.  

Shipping Policy

We do not ship any goods